The Safa Shahouri Masjid, one of the 27 Mosques built in Ponda by Ibrahim Adilshah in 1560 is a small single-chambered mosque with a tiled roof having a flight of steps in front. A masonary colonnade adorns the outer periphery of the mosque platform surmounted by finials. However, many of the coloums are missing. Adjacent to and south of the mosque, there is a masonary water tank measuring 30x 30 m with Mihrab designs. The mosque and the tank were fronted on the east by a garden of Charbagh type with laterite walkways. A broad road from the east leads with a flight of steps to the main entrance of the precincts.