The British Cemetery is situated at a distance of 7 km from the capital of Goa, Panaji, and 4 kilometers from Miramar. Sited near the Governor’s Palace (Cabo Raj Bhavan) at Dona Paula.
It was built around the year 1802 by the British, It is considered to be more than 180 years old and is the only remnant of the British occupation of the territory of Goa during the Napoleonic period wars from 1799 to 1813 to prevent Goa from falling into the hands of the French
The cemetery has 56 gravestones of sepulchral relics and 47 well-preserved tombs are found at the site, The tombs date from 1808 and to 1912.
The conservation of this place is undertaken by the Directorate of Archives and Archaeology.