The present church of Our lady of Immaculate Conception dates to 1619, although there had been a church on this site around 1540. The huge bell that now hangs in the central belfry was brought from the ruins of the St. Agustine Church, Old Goa. It previously had hung in the tower of St. Augustine Church. This is the second largest church bell in Goa. The largest being the Golden bell in Se Cathedral in Old Goa.